Overheating warning issue after heater hose replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kapdma

Reaction score
I had the lower heater hose fail because the plastic Y broke while driving down the road. Temp gauge went red, overheating warning, and limp mode all kicked in and I pulled over and shut it off. After I replaced the hose and filled with coolant, I can't get the car to run right. When I turn the key on, the temp still shows it's overheating and the overheating warning comes on. Ignoring this, when I start it, it is in limp mode. This is when the car is cold, like hasn't been running for days. Any ideas?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the lower heater hose fail because the plastic Y broke while driving down the road. Temp gauge went red, overheating warning, and limp mode all kicked in and I pulled over and shut it off. After I replaced the hose and filled with coolant, I can't get the car to run right. When I turn the key on, the temp still shows it's overheating and the overheating warning comes on. Ignoring this, when I start it, it is in limp mode. This is when the car is cold, like hasn't been running for days. Any ideas?
As @Hellwig said, this is likely do to air in the cooling system. I found the below video from Ford Tech Makuloco helpful in purging mine after changing the water pump.

OP
OP
K

kapdma

Reaction score
I've followed that video and done that many times. I also have it on an 8 degree incline according to the dashboard incline reading--the largest incline I can find in Florida. I can now get hot air after a minute or so, so I am getting coolant into the heater coil. But, it still goes nuts when the key is turned to "on". I'll try the battery disconnect thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire