3rd seat support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

My 99 expedition has the 3rd seat. I recall seeing a product on ebay several months ago that was a small bar to lock the 3rd seat in the upright position. Does anyone know where I can find one of these?

idgcorp

Reaction score
They are available everywherem they are called

EXPEDITION Cargo Strut

do a search for that

OP
OP
G

I have plenty of them. I purchased them before Ford came out with the fix. They fit pre 2000 explorers. If anyone need one email me Subject 'Rear Seat Kits' with you address and I will send you one UPS freight collect. No charge for the kit...you just pay the freight. Why? Because I'm a nice guy.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought one....they suck! (Maybe not the same manufacturer though). Didn't fit in right, only held up one side so it was "shakey", etc.

Anyway, with all the hassle I had with mine, I just remove the rear bench when I need to.

Remember also, when the seat is up, it is not latched in. The forward attachment points are just "C" clips, and I really found it disturbing, especially with my son latched in the middle seat, that any real jolt will just send the rear bench flying, or dislodging in some terrible fashion.

Anyway, food for thought.

OP
OP
G

These are made by stowaway. Customers seem to be really satisfied with them and they do support both sides of the seat. Sometimes it not the product, its the installer.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny response..

Actually, I was kinda pissed at first, then I remembered that boxerdawgs was just a sales counter sales wonk from Ford who probably didn't have time to actually WORK on his Exby.

Picture below shows only one model of a type of "stowaway" bracket. There are others (the one mentioned by idgcorp I can only find as the EXCURSION Cargo strut, but the Expedition one may exist as well), but they too are only one side supoort struts.

Anyway, it is a sad thing when folks whose SINGLE MINDED object is to sell their own products diss those on the board with actual REAL LIFE experience. To those I say...GO AWAY. :shootout:

Attachments

• stowawaybracket.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 383
OP
OP
G

Well that's where you are wrong again. First of all i'm not a counterman. Second of all I was trying to be nice and give them to those who might have wanted them. All I asked was that they pay the freight to get them. Third, they do support both sides of the seat and if YOU don't want one then thats fine. And I guess just because YOU think that they suck then everyone else shouldn't get one. But to those who might I will be more that glad to send you one before I discard them. Single Minded? Who's talking.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. Not convinced. Can't find any product that supports both sides and locks the seat in place.

But I am sure you will send pics as I did to prove the point.

Please...change my (single) mind.

TodzY2KExpy

Reaction score
o/e..

The o/e one on my 2000 is a small triangle looking bracket that swings up in the middle of the floor and locks it up in place, works fine but I would assume unless this came with your truck you could not add it due to its mounting location, dunno?