$464 Later.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the Expy back home. After I had it towed to the dealer after it died coming to a stop light, it turned out that the dreaded Fuel Pump Driver Module located above the spare tire had gone out. I guess all the snow and salt this winter had a negative effect, and corroded the module like so many others. So other Gen 2 owners beware. FYI a 2006 with 101,000 miles.

B

bedrck46

Appears that Ford started using the module with the 2005 model year

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just looked up the part number, and by the looks of it, 2005-2008 Expys use it.
PN 6C2Z-9D372-A

EightIsEnough

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 06 broke down on a trip at 103000 due to same part. If you have near that many miles, it would be worthwhile to inspect yours for holes on the side that touches the frame. If there are holes or significant corrosion it will go soon. If not, you could install spacers like come with the replacements to extend its life.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dorman has a replacement around $60.00

I was in a bind. Car wasn't running Thursday night, and I needed it back by yesterday so I could use it for a furniture delivery this morning. Unfortunately I had no time to look into it myself, or a code reader, so I had to rely on the dealer. The part from them was $180, and the rest was labor! I'm sure that was padded a bit, but like I said, I really needed it back the day after it broke down.

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 06 broke down on a trip at 103000 due to same part. If you have near that many miles, it would be worthwhile to inspect yours for holes on the side that touches the frame. If there are holes or significant corrosion it will go soon. If not, you could install spacers like come with the replacements to extend its life.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Probably due to the age of the vehicle too as the corrosive effect is also due to the dissimilar metals (aluminum and steel) contacting each other. So I would say a combination of age and mileage.