4th Gen 2018 Expedition no 3rd Row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadTitan

Reaction score
Hi, so to make a long story short. My wife and I got a very good deal. On a 1 owner (government owned) 2018 Expedition Max XL 2,500 miles everything is literally brand new. Under all ford warranties. But no 3rd Row seats. I know the holes are there but my question is I can’t find 2018 3rd row seats from another 4th Gen Expy. And I’m pretty sure Ford has them really expensive. Can I got with another Generation/year? Will holes align? ... if not can New holes be made and will another Gen seats fold and compact correctly? Someone please help... :)

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure you will need the 4th gen parts after the re-design in 2018.
No clue what's needed tho..

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check some wrecking yards, they have a locater service.you may need to change the color. You can get vinyl dye that works pretty well.

OP
OP
RoadTitan

RoadTitan

Reaction score
No I’ll be posting a pic, it definitely has a step down type of curvature. I just removed the compartment and I can see the holes and a tape covering them. I’ll assume it’s for the 3rd row as they align with pictures I’ve seen on web. Lastly I also see that’s the floor is really thick steel.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want a 3rd row, you’ll really need to just get one that has a 3rd row as you won’t have seat belts. It isn’t just bolting in the seat. The outboard seat belts are mounted in the side pillars and the center belt comes from the ceiling.

OP
OP
RoadTitan

RoadTitan

Reaction score
Yeah well what I want to know is if I can fit a Gen 3 rear seat because I already purchased the car which is just awesome. I’m a Hobby mechanic been working on cars for over 12 years intensively on weekends all types too. So I know it’s no small task so I really truly appreciate everyone’s help... and I must admit I’m in Love with this forum... thanks to all who are responding.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want a 3rd row, you’ll really need to just get one that has a 3rd row as you won’t have seat belts. It isn’t just bolting in the seat. The outboard seat belts are mounted in the side pillars and the center belt comes from the ceiling.

Agreed. Not to mention the controls that need to be wired for the power operated seat. I also wonder if the side curtain airbags have a different configuration in an XL since there's no need to have curtain airbags in the cargo area. If a 3rd row is really a priority the OP should move up to the XLT.