Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder mine

Really? I wonder why mine are almost in the wear tabs at 28k??
Drive with two feet? I have family members who can trash any cars brakes in 2 months. I’m pretty sure they are touching the brake more than the go pedal

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cant honestly remember the last time I braked with my right foot. Been left foot braking since my karting & racing days. Just cant give an old habit up I guess, even with a manual trans, unless I need the clutch to shift.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i can’t even try to brake with my left foot whatsoever - all of my vehicles growing up were german sticks (with brutal tension clutches) so if i ever even kiss the brake pedal with my left foot, like on road trips in stop-n-go accident traffic when my right knee is on the steering wheel while trying to eat a cold burrito, it’s basically a nose to the steering wheel & the entire family awakened and mad as hell. (jk - sort of.)

haven’t consistently used a stick in 10yrs, but sometimes in the heat of a stopping moment i actually can’t help but reflex with the left foot to hit the “imaginary” clutch & catch the corner of the brake pedal. suffice to stay the vehicle stops much quicker than i intended, which basically puts the dog in the 2nd row & the coffee on the windshield. (jk again, sort of.)

edit to say i will say that when driving aggressively in said manual trans vehicles, on the backroads of bucks county, when downshifting hard to corner the quattro, i was an avid user of right foot brake using left ball of foot, while simultaneously bumping the gas a little bit with my pinky toe to kick up the rpms a little bit & ease into the downshift for the clutch / trans. that 20 yr old audi clutch / trans is all original to this day, never had surgery @ 240k miles so i guess it could take it lol.

sorry to get off topic it’s a snarky morning for me. i’ll go get my coffee now.

Last edited:

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just changed my rear brake pads at 26k. The inner pads still had a lot of material left. One outer pad had just a few mm left and the other outer pad had about twice the material.

Like somebody previously mentioned, the aftermarket pad material in contact with the rotor is about double that of the factory pads. This would partially explain the low miles for pad life.

Jigstick

Reaction score
I’m doing front and rear rotors and pads on Friday on my 2017. Rear pads are toast at 47k. Fronts about 50% but got scoring on the inner rotor walls. I went with Advanced Auto Platinum rotors and ceramic pads.

Jigstick

Reaction score
Finished my install yesterday. The rear caliper brackets don’t need removed to replace the rotors which was nice.

These ceramic pads don’t feel as grippy as the OEM pads. But I haven’t worn them in yet. Time will tell. Overall an easy install. Just remember to put the truck in Brake Maintenance Mode before you push in the rear caliper pistons.

OP
OP
DWs-TTEB

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing I noted while removing the factory pads/rotors, is that the rear pads were 3 times as worn as the front pads (35K miles on them). Also, learning the fun way that you need to put the Expy into "Parking Brake Maintenance Mode" prior to resetting the rear calibers. Broke the pads in, but waiting for after another wk of driving before I attempt 911 braking. So far stops a little better w/o any noise.

^Confirmed to work on 4th Gen Expys^
*The button he is referring to is the "Parking Brake Release" button (Expys on left side under headlight control panel).