Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I put up front. Very happy with them. Also, I installed drilled and slotted rotors 3 months prior. These pads transfer material to the rotors filling in any scoring that may be there.
https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and...per-free-ceramic-brake-pads-de2087/645344_0_0
Rotors used:
https://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors/premium-dimpled-&-slotted-brake-kit-black-zinc-coating.php
While I was installing the rotors I did a brake fluid flush. Stops like a car now.

I tried These pads copper-free that you recommended on my Honda Odyssey and they are AMAZING. The brake feel and stopping power are waaay better than the OEM Advics or Akebono ceramic pads that I had before.

I will definitely use them in the expy when it is time for new brakes!

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 is already almost ready for rear pads(29k mi)- can I put the ceramic pads on the factory rotor??

Sure! I generally prefer to turn the rotors with fresh pads, but I also installed pads on used rotors and nothing exploded!

rltrbill

Reaction score
Sure! I generally prefer to turn the rotors with fresh pads, but I also installed pads on used rotors and nothing exploded!
Assuming they look nice and smooth of course- It was the ceramic vs metallic? that is factory is what I was most concerned with.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No problem with using ceramic in place of metallic. The initial bite of ceramic pads when cold could be lower than metallic, but the pads recommended above have a great cold bite.

OP
OP
DWs-TTEB

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I changed my OEM pads out at 33K the rear pads were almost gone. Fronts were not bad. When you search the auto websites the OEM pads for these are ceramic. I put semi-metallic pads all around at first but, had an issue with a stuck against the rotor always front inner pad & switched the fronts with ceramic. I am loving these Elite ceramic pads I picked up at auto zone. The rear semi-metallic pads are doing fine, just loads of brake dust.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just pulled my rear wheels and measure my pads. I still have 7mm after 20k miles on my 2019 XLT 4WD. I recommend to buy the brake measure blades and check your brakes whenever you have a chance to remove your wheels.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can install any brake pad that will fit, just follow the proper break in procedure to transfer the new pad material to the rotor.