4th Gen expedition 1/4 mile numbers ?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct.
S&B intake
Corsa cat back

Have a dragy but haven't gotten around to give it a run. I'm running heavy 24s right now, waiting on my lightweight 22s to get tires then I'll see what it can do.
I am over there too. Livernois seems to do a good job for all the motors. I know they don’t increase the redline so all gains are under the same curve. Although they may extend the power out further into the factory rev limit, I know Ford states peak horsepower is at 6,000 rpm but they let her roll out to 7,000 for shift recovery purposes which keeps it in the sweet spot.

24s will certainly rob some acceleration, curious what you end up getting with 22s. My stocker STX Scab with the 20” wheels is a pretty consistent 5.5 seconds 0-60, I’d guess 5 flat with a 93 or E-85 file. Maybe I’ll find out after 60k miles lol. Anyway, back to Expeditions lol.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am over there too. Livernois seems to do a good job for all the motors. I know they don’t increase the redline so all gains are under the same curve. Although they may extend the power out further into the factory rev limit, I know Ford states peak horsepower is at 6,000 rpm but they let her roll out to 7,000 for shift recovery purposes which keeps it in the sweet spot.

24s will certainly rob some acceleration, curious what you end up getting with 22s. My stocker STX Scab with the 20” wheels is a pretty consistent 5.5 seconds 0-60, I’d guess 5 flat with a 93 or E-85 file. Maybe I’ll find out after 60k miles lol. Anyway, back to Expeditions lol.

I went with the satin bronze Forgestar F14s which are 29+ lbs. With the Yoko tires, I'm at a combined 69.5 lbs which is very good for 22s. My 24s are about 92-95 lbs.

Fun part is that they may actually go on my Expedition, that's what I love about having these two vehicles; I'm a wheel nut with too many sets but at least I can put them on two vehicles at the same time. Plus, Livernois will "add a vehicle " to my current tuner for the Expedition at a lesser price than buying a new unit.

Silver-Bullet-Bus

Reaction score
Blew up a CR Performance stage 3 turbo—not sure why.

Switching over to out of the box (non-modified) Garrett Stage 2 powermax snails, to replace the CR’s.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
of course, if you really want to improve the 1/4 mile times of a big SUV like an Expedition, the first step should be to strip the interior of /everything/ and knock 1000 lbs off the curb weight.

The 10R80 transmission is targetted for max 560 ft-lbs. There's a 10R140 version used on superduty trucks with big diesels, thats rated for 1030 ft-lbs, no idea if its physically the same size as the 10R80, or would fit in our trucks without extensive modifications.

the more you beef up a motor, the more stuff breaks, and the more expensive it gets. doesn't matter if its drag racing or offroading.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
of course, if you really want to improve the 1/4 mile times of a big SUV like an Expedition, the first step should be to strip the interior of /everything/ and knock 1000 lbs off the curb weight.

The 10R80 transmission is targetted for max 560 ft-lbs. There's a 10R140 version used on superduty trucks with big diesels, thats rated for 1030 ft-lbs, no idea if its physically the same size as the 10R80, or would fit in our trucks without extensive modifications.

the more you beef up a motor, the more stuff breaks, and the more expensive it gets. doesn't matter if its drag racing or offroading.
There is a saying “drag racing breaks things, road racing wears them out”. I road raced motorcycles for few years a long time ago and never did either. I drag raced a few manual transmission Corvettes and did break things!

Silver-Bullet-Bus

Reaction score
Blew up a CR Performance stage 3 turbo—not sure why.

Switching over to out of the box (non-modified) Garrett Stage 2 powermax snails, to replace the CR’s.
Well, I can tell you this:
The Garrett Stage 2 powermax turbos do fit on your 2018+ Expeditions!
Draggy says: 4.0 sec flat 0-60 with the larger snails!!

Silver-Bullet-Bus

Reaction score
I wonder how many of those runs you get, before the 10R80 blows up?
My old 10R80 was replaced with a 5,000 mile tranny which was upgraded with McLeod frictions & steels at about 55K.
Sitting at 100k now.

The McLeod parts (99099) are good for 1,500 HP, so more the double the 700ish I am laying down.
I don’t worry about the tranny for 1 second, when making a hit, or towing 8,000# up grade. I just keep the temp down—that’s all.