4th Gen expedition 1/4 mile numbers ?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
Edited my post, I have not had a chance to run a real 1/4, was only posting for 0-60 time.

Pedal Commander and sport mode make the truck really move off the line, a very noticeable difference. Same setup before Pedal Commander was 0.5 seconds slower 0-60. I 100% recommend Pedal Commander. I'd hate to be the poor bastard that get my drivetrain after my lease ends! LOL

Pedal commander doesn't increase power at all. That is a variation attributable more to driving, conditions, and timing system variation more than anything. It also doesn't open the throttle any sooner/more.

phil2045

Reaction score
I have a 2020 w/ K&N CAI, 5 Star 93 tune & a pedal commander. Used "Draggy" to get 0-60 of 4.98 sec. Have not had a chance to run a 1/4 though.

View attachment 75892
4.9 with a Tune and a filter? Something's gotta be wrong with mine then. The best I've managed to get is 6.07. Have CVF Intake, intercooler, piping and a 5 Star Tune.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
4.9 with a Tune and a filter? Something's gotta be wrong with mine then. The best I've managed to get is 6.07. Have CVF Intake, intercooler, piping and a 5 Star Tune.

how are you launching?
if 4x4: 4A or 4Hi, sport mode, traction control disabled. Hold the brake, press the gas until you can hold decent rpm, then let go of the brake and dump it. The back end should squat.
What are your rear gears?

phil2045

Reaction score
how are you launching?
if 4x4: 4A or 4Hi, sport mode, traction control disabled. Hold the brake, press the gas until you can hold decent rpm, then let go of the brake and dump it. The back end should squat.
What are your rear gears?
I have been launching in 2WD, Sport, TC off reving to 3000-3500, just enough to keep the tires from spinning.

Went out to different piece of tarmac this evening, put it in 4A, Sport, TC off reving to 3k and managed a best of 5.69 Verified on draggy and an invalid of 5.51. Still a little off though. Were you on the 93 Daily Tune from 5Star or the 93 Performance tune? I've been running the daily tune, might need to re-flash for the performance to see what that does.
Mine has the HD Tow package so it's got 3.73gears.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
I have been launching in 2WD, Sport, TC off reving to 3000-3500, just enough to keep the tires from spinning.

Went out to different piece of tarmac this evening, put it in 4A, Sport, TC off reving to 3k and managed a best of 5.69 Verified on draggy and an invalid of 5.51. Still a little off though. Were you on the 93 Daily Tune from 5Star or the 93 Performance tune? I've been running the daily tune, might need to re-flash for the performance to see what that does.
Mine has the HD Tow package so it's got 3.73gears.
The daily tune is not substantially less power than the 93 performance tune. But if you're not towing anything and running 93 as it is, man, run that 93 performance tune!
The trick to turning TC off is pressing and holding the TC button for a solid 10 seconds. That's when it shuts off everything. AWD launches in an expy are stupid fun.

Our '22 stealth performance is 2wd (wanted 4x4...but I'm in FL. do I really need it? Nah). so launching this one will take some trickery. But it's bone-freakin'-stock.

ralix

Reaction score
I am running 5 stap sport tune @ 93 octane. If you notice it was 33 degrees on my run, I wonder if the colder air provided a little more power.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I HIGHLY doubt my 18 on 3.73's is running 13's. The 3.5HO maybe....

phil2045

Reaction score
I am running 5 stap sport tune @ 93 octane. If you notice it was 33 degrees on my run, I wonder if the colder air provided a little more power.
Colder air = more density = more boost. Winter is boost season. But then traction becomes more of an issue as colder tires/pavement don't grip well.

I was happy to find it break into the 5's last night, ambient air temps around 65 outside, roughly 35-40% of a full tank though. Will switch to the Performance tune and use up some gas before I test again. Have spark plugs and t-stat on the way. Need to put together my catch can set-up as well. Need to weigh my new wheel and tire set-up to see what was gained or lost compared to the factory set too.