5.4 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastlane429

Reaction score
5.4. Had a plugged left converter. Also replaced plugs and coils. Hooked up to my scanner. My issue is barametric pressure. Reading 13.5 psi and 126Hz. Hooked it up to my 05 mountaineer and 08 F250 on both read 14.5 and 156Hz. That is right for my area. 13.5 is supposed to be for 5,000 feet or higher.
I need to know where it reads barametric pressure in this system. There is no MAP sensor it doesn't get it from the mass air flow sensor either. With this reading it makes it run way lean which is why and burned the plugs up and plugged the converter.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you the original owner ? Did the Expy come from Denver area ? Just wondering if some previous owner put a high altitude tune program in the ECU.

OP
OP
F

Fastlane429

Reaction score
A friend of one of my regular customers. I disconnected the battery for an hour. The barametric pressure didn't change still at 13.2 should be 14.4 around here. I will check where it was sold.

OP
OP
F

Fastlane429

Reaction score
I checked the DSO it was sold here in Kansas City. It does run very good now but the barametric is still wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni