5 PCM (computers) gone out in 6 mths

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

deb468

ok...someone, please, please help me!!! i have a 97 eddie bauer expedition that is driving me crazy. my husband is a mechanic and used to work at ford, but neither him or any of the ford mechanics or any other mechanic he knows has been able to figure this out. last august the original pcm went out. i was driving down the street and the engine died. he replaced that one, then 2 wks later it went out. the 3rd one he put in lasted until 3 wks ago. it went out and the 2 more in the past 2 wks have gone out. all O2 sensors have been replaced and all ground wires have been checked as well as all electrical connections. something is spiking the pcm and the memory is wiped out. can someone please give me an idea as to why this keeps happening.

JimsZ

Reaction score
Is it possible that your windshield is leaking water and it's dripping down into the pcm ? I had heard this was a problem with Expeditions while researching before I bought mine. Drivers side windshield leaks water down A pillar and right into pcm. Is this happening when/after it rains each time?

Chesterfoxes

Reaction score
You should think about providing a separate and new power supply from the fuseblock directly to the PCM. Route the new power supply through a relay that is activated by a connection from the old PCM power supply.

Paul