5 Star Calibrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5 Star 93 octane produces 4.33 0-60 mph times & much better throttle response
E50 tune produces over 600 lb ft torque at the wheels
Have had their calibrations for almost one year now & love it
So much better than stock even with the 87 octane calibration
Note from them regarding throttle response
The 2018+ Expedition suffers from poor throttle response down low. A custom calibration will have enhanced improvements in better throttle response, step on go pedal, the vehicle will respond quicker…this DBW system is a torque driven system, it works by taking a certain amount of torque via engine and wheel and applies it to what the driver’s foot say it needs; a better way to explain it is its a torque limiter. It only allows so much torque at a given pedal position. Stock tables are conservative and numb at best and that’s why one would feel sometimes a lag or a goofy pedal with DBW systems. For a 3.5L EB V6 this is one of the most critical areas that must be addressed and modified to generate more torque /hp and throttle response. By reworking the OEM strategies make your 3.5L EB V6 come to life!:burnout:

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5 Star 93 octane produces 4.33 0-60 mph times & much better throttle response
E50 tune produces over 600 lb ft torque at the wheels
Have had their calibrations for almost one year now & love it
So much better than stock even with the 87 octane calibration
Note from them regarding throttle response
The 2018+ Expedition suffers from poor throttle response down low. A custom calibration will have enhanced improvements in better throttle response, step on go pedal, the vehicle will respond quicker…this DBW system is a torque driven system, it works by taking a certain amount of torque via engine and wheel and applies it to what the driver’s foot say it needs; a better way to explain it is its a torque limiter. It only allows so much torque at a given pedal position. Stock tables are conservative and numb at best and that’s why one would feel sometimes a lag or a goofy pedal with DBW systems. For a 3.5L EB V6 this is one of the most critical areas that must be addressed and modified to generate more torque /hp and throttle response. By reworking the OEM strategies make your 3.5L EB V6 come to life!:burnout:
Do you have proof of this 0-60, they have F150s with 93 perf tunes that run 0-60 in the 5s and they weigh almost 1500 lbs less than we do. Curious where you found this 4.33.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This data is with GEN II Ecoboost engines which have GDI & PFI along with larger turbos than the Gen I engines
Link to 5000lb PU with 2.7L
https://5startuning.com/our-2018-f150-2-7l-ecoboost-ran-12-34-113-44-mph-in-the-1-4-mile-last-night/
https://5startuning.com/can-a-v8-st...d-we-tune-drag-race-three-trucks-to-find-out/

Have the E30 tune in both my 2018 EXPY & my 2018 F150 3.5: ECO boost
Way faster than the 93 octane tune I had originally in my EXPY
Ok well I don’t see any info on a 6500lb EXPEDITION doing 0-60 in 4.33secs soo..... ?

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok well I don’t see any info on a 6500lb EXPEDITION doing 0-60 in 4.33secs soo..... ?
Not trying to irritate anyone just thought it was interesting that the 2.7 ECOBOOST can produce that much power as well
my 2018 EXPY 4wd FX4 with HD tow weighs 5620lbs with me in it & 1/2 tank of gas on truck scale here at the pilot truck stop
I am sure it does 0-60 in the low 4's with the E30 tune & e51 fuel
So does my f150 FX4 HD tow 4wd pickup
Love it:burnout::burnout:
Here is there dyno chart for E50 calibrations note 550 wheel hp & 600+ LB FT Wheel torque
e50stockvstuned.jpg

95cobby

Reaction score
It's actually 4.36 seconds which is what the videos shows.. other than that it's not a fair comparison between motors when you're racing a screw against an extended cab

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will the 10 speed transmission hold up to all that additional power? "Most" transmissions are the weak link.......