7pin trailer plug no aux power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The 2018+ models have a different fuse box under the hood than the one that you linked in your post. There are less relays and more MCASE type fuses being used.

I went through all the trailer related fuses and was not missing any of them. I have only had my camper connected once so far, but I did not notice any issues with charging, lighting, or braking.

This may be because you have an older model and they started including them, especially when the HD Tow Package is ordered.

Jim Trombley

Reaction score
I went through the same thing. It's a feature of the charging circuit. There will only be voltage at the trailer accessory power when there is a call for battery charge. If you need power all the time you will need to run a wire from the battery itself. I wanted to use the 7 pin to power my wheelchair lift and try to avoid running a dedicated wire. Had to run a wire anyway because of this.

Hope this helps. You could partially drain the battery so it calls for charge and you can verify the power is there.

Jeff Sweeney

Reaction score
Hey I am having the same issue with my 2018 expedition. Your leaving Key gab in the truck and then putting the truck in drive then back to park worked once for me. Anything I am missing? Any other setting available ?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey I am having the same issue with my 2018 expedition. Your leaving Key gab in the truck and then putting the truck in drive then back to park worked once for me. Anything I am missing?

Did you try the procedure below? It worked for me.

I seem to remember from an F150 forum that a few criteria have to be met.
1. Engine running
2. Key fob inside the vehicle
3. Trailer plugged in. It should recognize the trailer on the screen. Press the brake with trailer plugged in to make it recognize the trailer.
4. Drivers door closed

emtmark

Reaction score
Slightly off but do these special procedures apply to a 2012 as well?

I have all the fuses and relays in place all the lights work normally but when I went for 12v six or center pin reverse lights I get nothing!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro