7pin trailer plug no aux power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stefan gimenez

Reaction score
Sorry for the repeat post, my 2018 max 7 pin trailer plug seems to not have the 12v aux power working. Looked in the fuse panel and has the #30 fuse in place but it’s not working am I missing something? Bought the curt wireless brake controller and it’s not getting power. Thank you in advance

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had what I thought was an issue when I first plugged in my old car hauler. The floor lights on the trailer wouldn’t come on. Turns out it doesn’t turn on the circuit while the doors are open. As soon as I closed it they worked. Makes no sense.

Not sure where yours plugs in or how it’s powered, but make sure the doors are closed when you’re trying if you’re trying to get power at the plug.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have tried a meter on it to see if it actually has power or not

2018expyXLT4wd

Reaction score
Sorry for the repeat post, my 2018 max 7 pin trailer plug seems to not have the 12v aux power working. Looked in the fuse panel and has the #30 fuse in place but it’s not working am I missing something? Bought the curt wireless brake controller and it’s not getting power. Thank you in advance

Look at Fuse #4 in the fuse box in the passenger compartment under the dash. passenger front seat.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Buddys Chevy's came from the factory lacking a relay/fuse, or something. They wouldn't charge the trailer without buying the dealership add on part..... So annoying.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I seem to remember from an F150 forum that a few criteria have to be met.
1. Engine running
2. Key fob inside the vehicle
3. Trailer plugged in. It should recognize the trailer on the screen. Press the brake with trailer plugged in to make it recognize the trailer.
4. Drivers door closed

Last edited:

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check for a missing relay in the big fuse black under the hood. I had to buy one as Ford does not install one even with the trailer package.
You can find them on Ebay at 50% saving over dealer price.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check for a missing relay in the big fuse black under the hood. I had to buy one as Ford does not install one even with the trailer package.
You can find them on Ebay at 50% saving over dealer price.

Now I am super curious, I have just been assuming that my plug is fully functional. Seems odd that they wouldn't include a relay with the tow kit from the factory?