8" rize lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a set of 35 toyo mts on my f250.i didn't drive it much for about a 2 yrs when diesel was really high. I only drove it about once a week. After about 20,000 miles all of the tires started to Crack at the side wall and or bubble. So discount tire replaced them with NITTO Terra grapplers. I have ran those tires on about 4 or 5 of my work trucks with out any hiccup. I know that the toyo's are good tires but I wouldn't trust them again after that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Aggie Expo. My 2010 2wd Expy is in the shop having an 8 inch Rize lift installed and going with RPB 20x13.50 rims and 37 inch Nitto Grapplers. That and a few more modications
What shocks are you getting? I can't get a freaking answer from rize. I'm having to take pics and send measurements while doing the install in fully compressed and full droop in order to have custom kings made.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Billy Fay

Reaction score
Hey AggieExpo, not sure but I will ask as my shop is in daily communication with Rize. We are looking for 02-06 8in Rize rear lift install pictures if anyone has some. Please send to me at [email protected].

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's all coming together except for the shocks. I ordered my 4.88 gears today and master rebuild kit for the front and rear diff. as well as an OX Locker for the ford 8.8 up front. I was really wanting to get an ARB locker for the 9.75 rear diff but decided that i really don't want to mess with air.ox 8.8.jpg
I decided to go with the electronic shiter but will need to find a good place in the expedition to install the rocker switch where there will be room for future expansion just in case OX or someone else comes out with a 9.75 electric locker. The locker is still cable actuated though which i guess is OK as long as i can route the cable so it doesn't get in the way of wheeling.Electric shifter.jpg
I want to get a LSD for the rear but i'm pretty sure it already has a stock one. I really don't feel like spending money on a LSD but i might since I've already spent so damn much money on this freaking truck.
I did actually score the 4.88 gears for the front and the rear with master rebuild kits for both the front 8.8 and the rear 9.75 for $650.00 which i thought was a good deal. the gears are US Standards Gear which are the same as Yukon gears and KOYO bearings from Rons Machine service. USA_gear_pkg__54063.1411964842.1280.1280.jpg
I also need to make a change on the wheel and tire combo. I actually stayed with the same tires since i already had a brand new 37x13.5 tire in my garage. But the wheel now a 2-piece Fuel Hostage II. Unfortunately i will not be starting the build this weekend but will be starting the build next Thursday hopefully be done by the weekend. Since I'm doing the lift and the gears all on my own it will be interesting to see if i can do it a weekend especially Thanksgiving weekend. I'm just hoping i get everything here by Wed. I still need the break lines and order a rear LSD if order one so that it will be here by the weekend. I have to install the gears before i finish installing the lift.FUEL-F250-HOSTAGES-2PC-3004-8x.jpg