90 day navigation vs 3 years listed in order guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at my messages in the Ford Pass ap, I notice an August 5th 2022 notification for me to enjoy my free 90 days of Navigation.
A review of my order, and the dealer order guide both in play when I ordered, and in play when I took possession of my Expedition shows 3 years of free navigation with my 50T "Special Edition" package. Can't call Ford Customer Service this evening, as it's after hours, but plan to in the AM.

Anyone else get the same message?

Bill

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at my messages in the Ford Pass ap, I notice an August 5th 2022 notification for me to enjoy my free 90 days of Navigation.
A review of my order, and the dealer order guide both in play when I ordered, and in play when I took possession of my Expedition shows 3 years of free navigation with my 50T "Special Edition" package. Can't call Ford Customer Service this evening, as it's after hours, but plan to in the AM.

Anyone else get the same message?

Bill

What does the window sticker say under “functional”? Mine shows “CNCTD BLT-IN NAV(3-YR INC)”
On my app it shows an expire date of 3 years out.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep same message here. The order guide states when you have the Special Edition package combined with the tow package they add 360 degree cameras but downgrade the built in connected nav to the 90 day one. It sucks but they do call it out. Here are the words from the guide, check out 2nd note:

Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package
• 3.73 Non-Limited-Slip Rear Axle
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
• Rear View Camera – Digital
• Reverse Brake Assist
• Two-Speed Automatic 4WD (4x4 only) with Neutral Towing Capability
• 360-Degree Camera with Trailer Reverse Guidance (Only Available on 202A with Special Edition Package (50T))

Note: The Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package (536) is not available on Standard Package (200A) with MAX 4x4 (K1J)

Note: When equipped with Special Edition Package (50T) Connected Navigation(90 Day Trial) is included

Last edited:
OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep same message here. The order guide states when you have the Special Edition package combined with the tow package they add 360 degree cameras but downgrade the built in connected nav to the 90 day one. It sucks but they do call it out. Here are the words from the guide, check out 2nd note:

Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package
• 3.73 Non-Limited-Slip Rear Axle
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
• Rear View Camera – Digital
• Reverse Brake Assist
• Two-Speed Automatic 4WD (4x4 only) with Neutral Towing Capability
• 360-Degree Camera with Trailer Reverse Guidance (Only Available on 202A with Special Edition Package (50T))

Note: The Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package (536) is not available on Standard Package (200A) with MAX 4x4 (K1J)

Note: When equipped with Special Edition Package (50T) Connected Navigation(90 Day Trial) is included
I saw that, but somewhere in their system is a disconnect between the two, you cannot add a high value package feature, then downgrade part of it for the addition of another extra cost option (HD tow) . I'll post more once I've spoken with Ford Corp tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm thinking this is a computer glitch that the one cancels the other out, but will wait until after I speak with customer support.

Bill

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because none of us have free navigation devices in our pockets... I feel the need to charge for such a feature quite pointless. I wish I could fully disable the built in nav and have it just use Google maps or Waze instead.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our Navigation only works for three years and then we have to pay $$$?
It’s 3 years of updates. If you have built in nav it works with or without the subscription. But does stop updates after it expires.
For those without built in nav, it’s essentially an app they have to pay to use.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw that, but somewhere in their system is a disconnect between the two, you cannot add a high value package feature, then downgrade part of it for the addition of another extra cost option (HD tow) . I'll post more once I've spoken with Ford Corp tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm thinking this is a computer glitch that the one cancels the other out, but will wait until after I speak with customer support.

Bill
I agree it should be included and they shouldn't be removing features when you spend more money on additional packages. However based on what I posted above I think it is clear that isn't the case here. I'm curious to see what answer you get from them though. Either they are trying to save money (likely) or there is an incompatibility issue (unlikely).

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree it should be included and they shouldn't be removing features when you spend more money on additional packages. However based on what I posted above I think it is clear that isn't the case here. I'm curious to see what answer you get from them though. Either they are trying to save money (likely) or there is an incompatibility issue (unlikely).

They did the same thing with a few other features. Such as active park assist, if you upgrade to HD tow, you lost park assist.
More than likely this was a ploy to upsell people on the built-in Nav as an additional feature.
Ford's Nav is decent, but with so many great free ones that connect to your phone, and let you download maps when you don't have cell service, it's a hard sell to pay for the ford version.