98 premium sound no Mach question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm trying to purchase this head unit from amazon but I don't know what adapters I need. According to crutchfield I need scosche OEA-4 to get the speakers to work? Is this true with non MACH?

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Call SonicElectronix and order the Scosche and Metra parts you might need and return the ones you don't.

If the HU from Amazon will be the pwr to the speakers then get the harness for that, if the HU will only send the signal from the RCA output to the factory amp then use the harness for that.

You might need a Scosche FD16B / FD16

or a Metra 70-5603

OP
OP
Jeff532003

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Call SonicElectronix and order the Scosche and Metra parts you might need and return the ones you don't.

If the HU from Amazon will be the pwr to the speakers then get the harness for that, if the HU will only send the signal from the RCA output to the factory amp then use the harness for that.

You might need a Scosche FD16B / FD16

or a Metra 70-5603

So there is a factory amp on just the premium sound version then? It doesn't really sound like it so I wasn't sure. Any idea where it is? I'm installing an aftermarket amp with new speakers. I'd really prefer to use the factory speaker wire though to save some agrivation so ill have to cut out the factory amp to do that.
EDIT- I re read your post and I realized I misse the "RCA outputs" I don't have a factory sub in my truck so I won't have that amp back there. I'm assuming the door speakers are run off of the stock HU?
Also putting in a mono amp and sub but that I'm completely wiring so I'm not worried about stock RCA cables if there did happen to be any.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69