A/C Head/Foot selector switch issues....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phoenix101703

Reaction score
Today I went to turn on my A/C. It turns on, however air only blows out of the defrost vents and the floor vents. No matter where I select it to come out, it will not change. It appears that whatever selects where my air blows out is "stuck"

Any suggestions please??????

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember if it's for the 1st or 2nd gens that there's vacuum hoses by the windshield washer tank that sometimes crack and cause a vacuum leak.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the vacuum lines under the hood along the fire wall... usually your situation will be caused by a vacuum leak

OP
OP
phoenix101703

phoenix101703

Reaction score
thank you all for your help....i can ALMOST pinpoint the leak but not quite so I'm takin' it to the shop for repair today....

OP
OP
phoenix101703

phoenix101703

Reaction score
Just got back from the shop & everyone was right! It was i minor vacuum leak in the line that feeds the multiple lines to the A/C. (I hope that made sense) So if your like me, try not to lose it if your climate system goes to the "default" setting (defrost/floor vent ONLY). Start looking for a leak in one of the hoses on the passenger side of the engine compartment....as this is most likely the problem.

Thanks to everyone who posted their opinion on this issue; I went to the auto shop armed with info as to what my problem might be. Hence, saving me almost $50 in "problem assessment" fees. Since they knew where to start looking, I left the shop in less than 30 minutes with a bill of only $20.52.

Thanks everyone!!!

OP
OP
phoenix101703

phoenix101703

Reaction score
guess I spoke to soon. Starting on Saturday my a/c is doing the same "default thing. Only this time it's not doing it 100% of the time. This time it only happens when I reach 40mph. and will NOT go back to "normal" until about 45-50mph....it's weird, I dunno what's up....any IDEAS??!!

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only thing I can think of is a vacuum leak or the valve part of the vac system

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69