A/C Issue Passenger Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MooseAg03

Reaction score
So my wife called me in a panic this morning, her 2004 Expy made a loud popping noise and is now making a noise from the a/c box in the passenger footwell. It runs fine with no noise if the a/c mode switch is off. If you put it to any other setting, even with the a/c push button Off, the noise comes back. She said it made a little smoke and smelled acrid when it first happened.

Is the blower motor located in there? I thought it was the compressor when I was on the phone with her, but this is inside the cab. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and how difficult it would be to fix myself.

I’ve already replaced blend doors in the back multiple times and even did the front actuator just a few months ago which was a pain. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
M

MooseAg03

Reaction score
Writing it out helped me answer my own question. It definitely is the blower motor that’s behind whatever that large black box is in the passenger footwell. I have it on order and will swap it in a few days.