A/C pressure/temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Godfrey

Reaction score
I posted a question a while back on this, but I have a new question.

I took my 04 Expy (eb) to the dealer to have the A/C checked. They TOLD me they recharged the system and added a dye to the line to detect leaks. They also stated that the air coming out of the vents was blowing at 40 degrees. I just checked it after it ran for a while and the temp reading was about 62.8 degrees.

I would like to purchase a guage set and would like to know what the pressure should read on both high and low side. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Phil Godfrey
St. Louis, MO

Little Vinnie

Reaction score
This is just a general figure.
Too Many variables to give you exact readings.

~ Average=???

Engine idling,
Front A/C on 3rd blower speed, and max/recirculate.
Rear blower speed on low

Low pressure ~ 50
High pressure ~ 250

This should net you vent air temp of ~ 55deg.

This is not specific, just a relative answer to your question.

Vince

OP
OP
G

Godfrey

Reaction score
Okay...

Engine idle, run time 5-10 minutes.
Front A/C on full (6 bars, 5 bars?) (buttons, no knob)
A/C L.E.D. on, recirc L.E.D. on.
Rear blower (3) (knobs)
blows cold? (yes, but not super cold) My '95 explorer xlt is super cold. Explorer doesn't have rear air. I also realize that there is a great deal more R-134a and a REALLY long line set in the Expedition due to the rear air portion.

I'm somewhat familar with home HVAC systems and the 20 degree temp difference between intake and output.

I wouldn't think that a car/truck would have the same variables because the air intake is dependant on the outside temp.

I dunno...I'll play with it for a couple of days and see if I can get a accurate or repeated reading.

Thanks for the reply!

Phil