A/C Sporadic Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate03

Reaction score
I have a 2017 XLT and lately the AC will blow warm air if after a short drive if I turn the car off and turn it back on. Like today I stopped at a carryout restaurant. Came back out and turned the car back on and it started blowing warm air and wouldn't cool down. Doesn't matter if I manually change it to max AC or any setting. I stopped after a while and turned off the car and started it again and voila it started blowing cold air. Any ideas? I have the big screen and auto zone controls too.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 XLT and lately the AC will blow warm air if after a short drive if I turn the car off and turn it back on. Like today I stopped at a carryout restaurant. Came back out and turned the car back on and it started blowing warm air and wouldn't cool down. Doesn't matter if I manually change it to max AC or any setting. I stopped after a while and turned off the car and started it again and voila it started blowing cold air. Any ideas? I have the big screen and auto zone controls too.
Whats the ambient temperature?

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If issue is intermittent, check your electric fans. One of them may have an issue.

This is a good video about AC issues:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lazy ac relay if used
Low pressure switch is on its way out
Electrical issues in the ac control circuit
Compressor clutch may be on the way out
Alternator or battery is failing - pcm disconnects unnecessary items to limp home

Won't know what the problem is until it is diagnosed correctly. Start with a multimeter for the electric.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lazy ac relay if used
Low pressure switch is on its way out
Electrical issues in the ac control circuit
Compressor clutch may be on the way out
Alternator or battery is failing - pcm disconnects unnecessary items to limp home

Won't know what the problem is until it is diagnosed correctly. Start with a multimeter for the electric.