A/C working but not dripping condesate.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jcooper3

Reaction score
Okay I figured out where the drain is. It wasn't plugged
Had a little bit of water there so why is it not dripping any more? Any ideas?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

If you’re in South Carolina, you should have high humidity now - and the a/c condensate drain should be dripping a lot.

It is possible you have a partial clog. Try taking the non-clasp end of a sturdy plastic zip-tie and probe inside the drain opening to dislodge any debris.

You didn’t post the year and make of your vehicle, but do you have rear a/c? Is the right rear drain flowing for it (if you have rear a/c)?

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a little late to this party but, I live in FL and run my A/C year round. I've owned it since new and I have never seen any condensate on the ground from the front A/C. Also, I never had any wet carpet in passenger foot well.
My guess is that the front drain drips onto the right side exhaust and gets vaporized. If I shut off the engine and listen near the front passenger wheel I can hear a sizzling noise like each drop is frying and vaporizing.
Whenever I run the rear A/C I always see a puddle on the ground behind the rear wheel(driver side) and still nothing on the ground from the front A/C