A little too much fun......engine misfiring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went mudding today with a couple friends. Had a great time but got too much water/mud in my engine compartment. It started missing pretty bad but I was able to drive it home under light acceleration. Any chance it will dry out and fix itself? Service engine light came on and started flashing indicating a misfire. I can take it to the arco station by my house tomorrow and pull the codes for free but Im assuming its the spark plugs/COPS, What is the best root to take?

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have an air compressor you can use it to blow out the spark plug wells and plug boots.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Yep... agreed. Pull off cops and blow out plug wells and cop boots.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
since when is your truck green? LOL!
Ive been there and done that, COP shorted and on the way back form the mud hole the exact same thing was happening to me. Every once in a while I'll get a miss but i stay easy on the throttle most of the time

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Put some dielectric grease where boot seals to plug well after it is dried out otherwise it will seal in the moisture. May help prevent water from getting into there in the future. I have done all mine. :)

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright I will give that a shot as well. I cant work on it any more tonight but I will go do damage control in the morning. If the missing doesnt stop should I find which cylinder(s) are missing and replace the spark/ cops?