A powered cooler to fit between the second row captains chairs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IcoHolic

Reaction score
Hey all

We just ordered a 2019 Platinum today with 2nd-row captains chairs. One of the features missing on the Expedition that you get on the Navigator is the 2nd-row console.

I was wondering if anyone has found or uses a really nice powered cooler that fits between the two captains chairs?

Cheers

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Me too!

I asked a similar question months back about just a normal console for between the captains and I believe I received precisely 0 responses.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
R u looking for something fancy that looks like it was designed with the truck or r u looking for a straight up cooler that looks like a cooler that plugs into Cig lighter so you can enjoy a few cold beers while cruising down the highway?

OP
OP
I

IcoHolic

Reaction score
R u looking for something fancy that looks like it was designed with the truck or r u looking for a straight up cooler that looks like a cooler that plugs into Cig lighter so you can enjoy a few cold beers while cruising down the highway?

Either or, I have an interior guy that has restored a couple of my cars and if I had the right cooler, I could have a "skin" fabricated and a nice soft leather armrest on the lid.

I'm going to be waiting a while for the vehicle, so I can't even do any measurements.

As for the beers, sadly no.. still illegal here. :)

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a small cooler years ago that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I used it without a problem until one night while on the road I forgot to unplug it. The next morning the battery was dead and I had to call for a jump. I don't know if the new coolers sense low voltage and shut off. Just thought I would mention this.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most of the ones you are going to find are based on Peltier effect cooling. It depends on how cool the interior of the vehicle as to how cool the cooler gets. More than likely if you keep the inside temp to around 70 or so, you'll get a cooler that will be around 35 or so. Warmer interior means a warmer cooler. The only way to get around that is to have a cooler with the normal refrigeration compressor like your kitchen refrigerator. The electronic cooler will draw less voltage