About wheel/tire sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
I have a 2007 XLT Expedition with 17" wheels. I was reading posts for the week and tried to get familiar with 20" wheels. But, all I can say is, my email isn't dumbneasy fer nuthin'! :)

I live in mountainous Montana and have been looking for a set of used studded snow tires before winter gets here. I've had a hard time finding 17" tires, but plenty of 20" tires. And from my reading, apparently I can put put 20" wheels on my vehicle. Who'da thunk it?

Also, before I forget.... will 6 lug Dodge Tires fit on my Expy? Anyway, I would appreciate it if some of you more knowledgeable guys could give me some instruction and expertise on this issue, including speedo accuracy problems, etc. I'm 69 years old, but could still probably make it underneath my vehicle if I had to change a tranny speedo gear. I'd really appreciate some help on tire sizes, etc.

Thank you very much!

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The outside diameter of the rims doesn't matter so much you probably can't go down to a 15 inch rim but people are putting 26-inch rims or bigger on their cars which in my opinion look stupid. As for the Dodge rims no they will not fit. 2007 Ford Expedition which is the same as mine as a lug pattern of 6 by 135 so that's what you have to Buy, it is that for you can buy a universal type rim but it still has to have the 6 by 135 pattern on it

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Take a Look at Nitto Exo Grappler. They come in 17" and take #15 studs.

Not sure on the dodge wheels but the bolt pattern is 6x135mm.

OP
OP
S

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
I can't afford to buy new tires. If I could, I'd just buy the 17"s. I have to buy used and there are a lot of 20" studded tires. Just no 17"s. But thank you both for replies. :)

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I can't afford to buy new tires. If I could, I'd just buy the 17"s. I have to buy used and there are a lot of 20" studded tires. Just no 17"s. But thank you both for replies. :)
Sorry, I missed the "Used" part. Not sure if your on Facebook but the market place has tons of rims/tires for sale pretty cheap in my area. I would expect the same in your area.