ABS/HCU module replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnmc

Reaction score
My mechanic has replaced my ABS module and it failed before I got home. Pedal to floor.
He tried several from LkQ before he got one that he liked. He said he drove it several times over 2 days and it tested Ok. Worked fine for a while in then failed few miles driving. What's up?? 2008 EB

John Mc

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My mechanic has replaced my ABS module and it failed before I got home. Pedal to floor.
He tried several from LkQ before he got one that he liked. He said he drove it several times over 2 days and it tested Ok. Worked fine for a while in then failed few miles driving. What's up?? 2008 EB

John Mc

Improper installation or defective part.

When the ABS module is replaced, the system must be bled with Ford’s computer system - to cycle and bleed the module shutter valves.

Not sure what LkQ is - an aftermarket part?

What failed after a few miles of driving?

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Improper installation or defective part.

When the ABS module is replaced, the system must be bled with Ford’s computer system - to cycle and bleed the module shutter valves.

Not sure what LkQ is - an aftermarket part?

What failed after a few miles of driving?

LKQ is a salvage yard company.