AC not working, Hi Temp Light on, P1289

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

albinomexi

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have 2003 Expedition with 5.4. Bought it off a friend.

It sat originally during COVID because the fuel pump went out and he had to money for the repair. Fast forward, I repaired it with a fuse and a new pump.

I see on the dash that the hi temp light is on. It causes a check engine light to come up as well.

I do however recall the AC working on the truck before it sat and I wanted to see if that hi temp light is related to that or if it’s a relay.

i know there’s a fail safe on these rigs that will shut the AC off and wanted to see if that’s the case for me and that I will have to tackle that hi temp sensor first.

mhg1

Reaction score
Probably. If the sensor is not bad then changing it won't do anything but waste time and money. Test the circuit to determine if the sensor or wires going to it are at fault.
Mike

OP
OP
A

albinomexi

Reaction score
I’ll definitely look at it. I know that’s the light that keeps coming up on my dash with that code.

Mechanically for 341k, she’s fine, but I do want to get the basics going so it can be a family mobile again.