Ac problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewzx3

Reaction score
Having problems with my wife's 2018 expedition ac. Sometimes the blower is not blowing out air very hard with the fan wide open and on the lowest setting it isn't blowing any but you can hear the blower motor running. Also the air is not blowing very cold. It's blowing about 60 degrees when the blower is blowing properly on the low setting and when you speed up the fan speed it goes up to around 75. It's out of warranty so trying to avoid the dealer. Anyone have any ideas?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having problems with my wife's 2018 expedition ac. Sometimes the blower is not blowing out air very hard with the fan wide open and on the lowest setting it isn't blowing any but you can hear the blower motor running. Also the air is not blowing very cold. It's blowing about 60 degrees when the blower is blowing properly on the low setting and when you speed up the fan speed it goes up to around 75. It's out of warranty so trying to avoid the dealer. Anyone have any ideas?
For the lack of air flow, check the cabin air filter.
For the hot air portion, search the forum. There is a TSB for the 2018’s where contamination causes the whole ac system to have to be replaced.

OP
OP
D

drewzx3

Reaction score
How do I find my exact build date to see if tsb covers, it or not? Build date on door sticker says 12/17.

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my explorer, I had to remove the whole dash right out of the truck, to get to the recirculating door. The fresh recirculating flaper broke and fell down stoping air flow.

Lets hope this did not carry over to the expedition.

Laceeshell

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to this problem ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2