Acceleration Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KnightOwl

Reaction score
I have a slight hesitation when I acclerate from a stand still. I also had an issue where the expy would start but I needed to keep my foot on the gas pedal to keep it on. I thought it was the fuel pump or filter so I changed both only to realize that wasn't the issue. So I cleaned the IAC and that did the trick. Should I have replaced it with a new IAC? Could that be the reason I still have the hesitation? I need help from some Vets or nubbies like me with a slightly higher IQ than I got...lol

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
might be a Throttle Position sensor...it could have a dead (flat) spot in it....might need a thottle body cleaning...what year & engine...have you done the gotts mod?

OP
OP
K

KnightOwl

Reaction score
I'll check out the TPS and see about throttle body cleaning. Oh and whats the gotts mod?Thanks for the input.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's most probably a throttle position sensor problem. Another cause would be a defective crankshaft position sensor. Both would cause acceleration problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik