Adding heated seats in an xlt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I came across a expedition limited at the junk yard, it's a2000. I have an 01, the limited has bucket seats in the middle row and heated seats up front, leather seats also.

I'm sure I can get all 4 seats in but does anyone know if the xlts are pre wired for heated seats and/or power for the front passenger seat like how the fog light wires are already pre run? This would be a really nice upgrade for my expedition and heated seats would be awesome, not to mention the captain seats for the middle row!

B

bedrck46

can't say for sure if its prewired but if you need any elect prints let me know The prints will show the connectors that need to be there for you to hook up the seats

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you could give me the wiring schematics for the front seats that would be awesome! Thank you so much!!

B

bedrck46

have attached 3 of 6 prints You can get a ford service manual on DVD from seller morpheousking on e-bay excellent manual including prints and much more for under $10.00

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bedrck46

attached 3 of 6 prints
these are for a 2001 model 2000 model is the same

Last edited by a moderator:

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2nd gen navigator seats are awesome if they have those. Way more comfortable, but you will have to do some wiring yourself.

dbovine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2nd gen navigator seats are awesome if they have those. Way more comfortable, but you will have to do some wiring yourself.

Love my 2nd Gen Navigator Seats! but I have a second Gen Navigator.

If you are going to have to wire anyway, a universal kit that you add to your stock seats might be far less confusing and much easier. Plus with the big center console there are lots of places to mount switches and hide wires. The factory ones you will have to deal with the control modules etc, which I think only a dealer can set for you. The seats themselves might be upgrades but but the time you buy all the factory parts you might be able to buy the universal kits and add them to the front and middle row seats for about the same cost.

Last edited:

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it is the heat alone you are looking for, there are a number of aftermarket kits that should be easy to wire...

Last edited:

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Easier and cheaper to buy new ones. I bought mine off ebay for 110.00 did front and back seats and wired button to center console took about 2 hours. Wired driver side into power seat wiring and passenger seats into wiring under center console and back seats into rear 12v outlet. They work great