Only 1 USB port in front seat area??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seriously? There is only 1 USB ports in the entire front seat area? The dashboard base has USB and USBC, USB behind console but nothing in console compartment. 2023 Limited with the SSP. Am I missing something? As an electric tech machine, I expected more in the critical front seat area. There are 2 USB ports in the 3rd row but only 1 up front. I must be missing something. Am I??

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
should be one inside the armrest console. There may be a cap on it. my 19 has it

OP
OP
NevadaGeo

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks. That is just what I am doing as well. I thought I was missing something but so be it. I can turn that outlet into 2 USBs. I figured the Limited SPP would have more than one USB but i was wrong.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you not use a USB-C to USB-3.0 adapter for your 2nd USB port? That gets you two USB-3.0 outlets plus there's the wireless charging pad. How many devices do you need to charge in the front row?

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. Triple checked. There is only a 12 volt plug-in (cigarette lighter type). Owners Manual says there is one there, but it must have missed me.
Sorry yea u are right its a 12v in that compartment. I only have the 2 usb ports where the wireless phone charger is. Maybe the usb ports became too expensive to have more up front and felt the teenagers should have more in the back

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2019, the front 2 and the one in the armrest are all < 5 watt USB A ports. And plugging a 2nd Android Auto phone in to the front car ports confuses things so my passenger can charge their phone with the armrest cigar plug and my phone is running the maps and tunes. I will use the 2nd port on my cigar adapter to charge my tablet when it's in the center compartment

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the Mrs car, she used a plug-in adapter. In my 3rd gen Expedition I mounted one of these.