Adding power pedals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricco4592

Reaction score
Couldn't find any info searching. Has anyone upgraded to adjustable pedals? The connector for the switch is there but I cant find the connectors to actually plug into the pedals. Any help appreciated

OP
OP
ricco4592

ricco4592

Reaction score
Somebody must have done this before.Does someone have photos of the connectors that go into the pedals possibly that I can use as reference?

OP
OP
ricco4592

ricco4592

Reaction score
I ended up going back to the salvage yard and looking at the truck I got the pedals from. If anyone else decides to do this project make sure to get the small harness attached to the gas pedal, and when you put the brake pedal in reset the brake switch by pulling the black part all the way out.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you checked the wiring for this? Depending on the year, the adjustable pedal motor may actually be driven by the Driver Seat Module (DSM) and not the switch on the dash. If you don't have memory seats, you'll need to wire it up directly to the switch and of course you won't have any memory recall on their position. I'd also be careful that the dash switch can handle the current of the motor. If it was originally hooked up only as an input to the DSM it might not be heavy duty enough to control the motors directly. In this case, a relay would be a safe way to go.

OP
OP
ricco4592

ricco4592

Reaction score
The truck I got the pedals from was an 07, and I have an 08. It was literally plug and play, the ports for the harness that come with the pedals were just hanging under the dashboard, I just didnt realize I needed the wiring from the pedals to go with them.I cant speak for 09+, but i know for the most part 07 and 08 stuff is interchangeable

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Old thread but my gas pedal only moves about an inch and the brake not at all. Looking for help troubleshooting.

Some time ago there was an excellent post regarding repairing the adjustable pedal assembly. Perhaps do a search and a little reading of the results?