Adding Raptor front skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I could not find any threads regarding adding a Raptor front skid plate, just the other raptor skids and the FX4 front skid.

I've added the Raptor front skid, bolts up to the front OK with the lip tucked nicely under the front bumper cover, but the two rear bolts - as expected - have nothing to bolt directly to. With a bit of welding, a bracket can be made, but was wondering: has anyone has done the job already?

I've read a couple of F150 threads regarding adding a raptor skid plate (and honestly, it seems the Expedition is an easier fit, up front) but it seems like the mounting locations are all over the place with different models, so there isn't any real crossover.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not seen anyone try do do this... I added the raptor transmission skid and the fx4 front 2.

Got any pics of the pieces you are talking about?

OP
OP
sjwhiteley

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here’s a few photos. It appears to be ‘flatter’ than the raptor mounting position, as the rear mounting holes are slanted towards the front. Tightening the front bolts down seems to tilt the back down, but doesn’t make the mounting tabs level.

I used the standard raptor front mounting brackets for the front.

the bottom of the bumper needs the rearward facing tabs trimming off to make it cleaner ( the skid plate it slightly touching the lower part of the bumper).

looking at it, again, a piece of 1” angle with tabs welded on for the bolts that hold the front of that felt cover (transmission cover? Front diff cover?) would hold it. I can’t think that there would be a standard piece which fits - especially reading how some of the F150 guys have had trouble.

upload_2020-1-9_5-22-58.jpeg

upload_2020-1-9_5-23-37.jpeg

upload_2020-1-9_5-24-41.jpeg

upload_2020-1-9_5-25-4.jpeg