Advtrac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tilliepeople

Reaction score
2004 Lincoln Navigator 4X4
Recently the check advtrac light started to come on. Does this when braking and shackes the brake peddle. Only does this occasionally so it's hard to track it down.
The ABS light does not come on. I changed the inner and outer tie rod ends about 4 months ago and had to put on a set of shocks from a 2004 expedition because i had to cut a hut off one. They seem to be a bit sorter than the old ones but it has handled great up until now.
Possible wheel bearing ?

David E

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a similar issue. I believe its one of the systems sensors. I do get several codes through the ForSCAN that are more specific.
In my case I narrowed it down to a hard turn and pressure on the right wheel. As I do the hard turn I can clearly hear almost the ABS engaging and the grinding as a result. So I am suspecting its somewhere there. I also have an issue with not being able to calibrate the Steering wheel. So maybe the issue is there. I am a DIYer so no mechanic here.