Aftermarket Hitch Receiver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Marlowe

Reaction score
I have a 6700 uvwr trailer, probably 7200lb loaded, especially if any water in tanks.
12% of 7200 is 864.

My geny hitch plus wdh bars is approx 100lbs. If I switched out for a pro pride, the hitch weight would also be high.

Either way, looking at over 930lbs on receiver.

Many vehicles have receiver upgrades avail. 1100lbs would be ideal. Anyone ever heard of such thing on the expedition?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't believe that the 930 lbs hitch weight is a limitation of the receiver itself - it's more of a combination of payload plus possibly the dynamic behaviour of these shorter vehicles (compared to pickups) and the independent rear suspension not being as "firm" in some directions. Upgrading the receiver in any case won't change the rating.

I have the same issue as you - my 70 gallon (!) water tank is halfway between the hitch and the axles, so I can't put much more than 10 gallons in it when driving. And even then I'm still at the limit for RAWR and hitch weight (with the way we travel)...