Aftermarket wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also love the Terra Grappler G2’s. Pretty good all around tire. They to have a high pitch buzz and pick up small rocks. But that’s my only complaint about them. Thanks for the AT3 update. I have been eying them since they came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lou Hamilton

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Opinions on the following wheels. These are the ones I have narrowed it down to.

-arsenal-5-lug-20x9-5-textured-matte-black-std-org.jpg

ack-rhino-chamber-6-lug-matte-black-18x9-5-std-org.jpg

MR314_Matte_Black_6_Lug_1000px_2048x.png

hod-mr316-wheel-6lug-matte-black-17x8-5-1000_2048x.jpg

hXD1327-300x282.png

hXD8567-300x280.png

hXD8549-300x285.png

Gillbrak

Reaction score
Big fan of Black Rhino wheels. I had the Arsenals on a Power Wagon and they held mud like crazy. Just something to be aware of with those style wheels.

OP
OP
Lou Hamilton

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Big fan of Black Rhino wheels. I had the Arsenals on a Power Wagon and they held mud like crazy. Just something to be aware of with those style wheels.

That's helpful. Thanks!

Reaction score
Man that's a hard ask because so much personal preference goes into wheels since upgrading to aftermarket is heavily based on a desired look more than performance if we are being honest.

My opinion still stands that I really like the Method 314's. I have seen them on other SUV's and a bunch of F-150's and they look clean while still having that Method name and a little aggression. I like the 314 because they just look like a clean pair of spoked wheels that would give my ride a little boost... not as in your face as some of the others there.

However, if you are going a full overlander build like Fozzy with racks and shovels and tarps... those first Black Rhino rims look like they could go on a military vehicle. Very rugged and cool. Instead of clean like the 314's, those look tough as nails like they would make it through an apocalypse or be on a vehicle that could drive through a house.

The other Methods and XD's are all nice too. Couldn't go wrong with any of them. I do feel that the 314 is the simplest and cleanest if you are not overmodding your rig. I feel that the first Black Rhinos are the most burly looking.

Good luck. Excited to see how this turns out.

EDIT: The only rims I'm not a huge fan of for how I would want to use my vehicle is the last XD's with red. Cool rims for sure, but I would be afraid of scratching them when getting off the pavement. They have a very clean huge outer lip that flows straight into each spoke. Very few lines and ridges so it would be hard to hide any scrapes. And forget about a curb check... that would be real bad news.

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now dump the ones under +18. What does that leave you with?

OP
OP
Lou Hamilton

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man that's a hard ask because so much personal preference goes into wheels since upgrading to aftermarket is heavily based on a desired look more than performance if we are being honest.

My opinion still stands that I really like the Method 314's. I have seen them on other SUV's and a bunch of F-150's and they look clean while still having that Method name and a little aggression. I like the 314 because they just look like a clean pair of spoked wheels that would give my ride a little boost... not as in your face as some of the others there.

However, if you are going a full overlander build like Fozzy with racks and shovels and tarps... those first Black Rhino rims look like they could go on a military vehicle. Very rugged and cool. Instead of clean like the 314's, those look tough as nails like they would make it through an apocalypse or be on a vehicle that could drive through a house.

The other Methods and XD's are all nice too. Couldn't go wrong with any of them. I do feel that the 314 is the simplest and cleanest if you are not overmodding your rig. I feel that the first Black Rhinos are the most burly looking.

Good luck. Excited to see how this turns out.

EDIT: They only rims I'm not a huge fan of for how I would want to use my vehicle is the last XD's with red. Cool rims for sure, but I would be afraid of scratching them when getting off the pavement. They have a very clean huge outer lip that flows straight into each spoke. Very few lines and ridges so it would be hard to hide and scrapes. And forget about a curb check... that would be real bad news.

The red were only considered because I have a white Stealth with red accents (interior stitching, accent lighting, front tow hooks, Expedition lettering on rear hatch, etc.). I don't think I would actually ever go that route. It was just put on a word document so I could easily show the wife fer her favorite.

OP
OP
Lou Hamilton

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now dump the ones under +18. What does that leave you with?

You really think I am asking for trouble with the +12 Black Rhinos? I won't be going with 35s, but will be going with 34's (285/70 R18).

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Opinions on the following wheels. These are the ones I have narrowed it down to.

Don't forget to think about cleaning when you pick one. Rhino and XD look like a nightmare to clean with all the nooks and crannies. If you pay someone to do it they would never do it right and if you do it yourself it looks like you would spend more time cleaning than having fun getting them dirty.