Aggressive wheel and tire upgrades [no-lift]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrPangloss

Reaction score
We own a farm, but live in the city, wife is a veterinarian. Our expy 2021 max limited (CCD) is a replacement for a 4Runner offroad TRD XP. I was looking at Toyo P285/55R20 Tire, Open Country AT III and 20" wheels.

I have read a lot of stuff here, but most people do the 3/2 lift. I don't really wanna mess with the ride or anything, or turn it into a hovercraft, i think it handles pretty well. In comparison the 4Runner was a piece of farm equipment. Anyone have wheel/tire examples, aggressive for mud/snow but not lifted?

We have a small barn on a switch back which requires driving past it and backing uphill a bit, with a small trailer, the expy with limited stock tires failed miserably.

Also if anyone knows, 4 Wheel Parts told me that I need a +30 offset, but this limits my wheel choices a lot. It looks like +20 has a lot of options.

Thanks,

Last edited:

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been running slightly oversized tires and moderately aggressive wheels for a couple months on stock suspension without any issues, yet. I intend on a small lift but still waiting on some parts. The post below has details:

expeditionerik

Reaction score
What tire sizes you guys gunna run? I’m going to be getting fuel rebel 20x9 +20 and from my research, it looks like I can fit 275/60/20 tires. I’m going to go with the fuel grappler AT tires.

pathfinder_88

Reaction score
I'm running 275/65r20 (34x11) Nitto Terra Grapplers on Ford F150 wheels and have zero rubbing even with powered running boards and no lift. I'll be adding 1.5" wheel spacers and will see how this changes things.

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 33x12.5R17 on OEM Raptor wheels with mud flaps front and rear.