Air Suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4whlmama

Reaction score
Have an '02 XLT 4x4 5.4... Everything was just fine with the suspension. Then I hauled a queen size mattress and bed frame home. On my way home, the "ck susp" light flashed a couple times and then went off and the rest of the way home the truck rode fine, light never came back on or flashed. A few hours later, I went to leave and rough ride!!! The suspension in the rear is completely deflated and the compressor never came on. I turned around and headed home.

Where should I start to narrow down the problem? The passenger side switch is on. I read somewhere there is a switch in the back?? I have had this rig for 12 years. Never knew of or seen a switch in the back. Anyone have any pointers?

Thanks

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The airbags might be leaking. Jack it way up and inspect the lower portions of the bag if you see signs of abrasion, you might need to replace them.

OP
OP
4whlmama

4whlmama

Reaction score
The compressor all of the sudden, isn't coming on at all. Prior to this it didn't come on very often to indicate that there may be a leak in the system anywhere. It would come on for a short moment after you first start it and put it in gear and that was pretty much it.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a load leveling sensor at the back connected to the chassis and rear differential. You can test that. There's a video on YouTube.