Air Suspension sags after sitting then overfills when running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yidakimason

Reaction score
Hey folks...
2012 Expedition EL Limtited

Here is a quick history of my issue: Last winter my air compressor failed completely, as well as the right rear ride height sensor broke in a giant block of ice. I couldn't locate a replacement for awhile, so I took apart the arm and epoxied it back together. Surprisingly this fix is still working! My new air compressor that I installed crapped out after a day, so I got a replacement on warranty. Air suspension has worked great till a week ago.

There was a lot of snow and I did some deep snow drives/ almost getting stuck. So tons of snow and ice under vehicle. Then the shocks started acting up again. Overnight, the drivers side would sag completely. And once in awhile the Passenger side would also sag, although not as often. When I start the vehicle, both sides inflate quickly. Compressor obviously still works. It overfills though, jacking the rear up fully. Now the back sometimes sags all the way as soon as I park, sometimes holds air for a few hours. Always refills quickly, but always too much.

So, I'm guessing the ride height sensors, the relay, or a leak... How can I isolate where the problem lies?

Currently, temps are still -20's C, so crawling under with a soapy spray bottle won't be fun..

Thank for your help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire