air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good evening, just wanted to ask if the air suspension on my 2000 4.6L expy XLT really only on both rear wheels? I looked under the front end and saw coil springs. And sometimes when it "kneels" only the rear end goes down. I don't know if the original specs were all four wheels are with the air suspension. Thank you very much!

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The minute you see coils thats your confirmation you only have rear bags.

My brother has a 99 4.6L 4WD with both front and rear bags. My 00 5.4L 2WD only has for the rear. best way is to run your VIN.

If your rear bags now have a leak, its going to be expensive on your side of the world since you only have dealer-only parts.

OP
OP
D

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks I am contemplating on coil spring replacement eventually when the time comes but now I am enjoying the soft ride of air springs. There are people here who sell second hand suspension parts for the gen 1 expys.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Coils would be a long term fix. I was at the same cross road about 4years ago. Since the only thing bad at the time were the bags, I decided to just replace it. I like that it self-levels especially if I'm carrying something heavy. No issues since.

Bag replacements are about $200 a pair. figure another $100 to ship via fedex.