Airlift airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got two airbags for my 99 expy from JCwhitney for 70 bucks, but though some mishap ended up paying 40 for them instead. :D A good start. Only thing is these don't come with a compressor, you need your own or one from a gas station to fill them. A compressor is an extra 130 for single guage. But anyways the installation wasn't that bad. I lowered the rear axle and took out one spring while the other I managed to squeeze in between the coils. After those were in I temporary ran the line into the back of the cab because I'm waiting for the compressor.

Once I got it on the road it worked really well. It got rid of a lot of bouncing in the rear (as I've carried heavy loads and the rear springs have lost their... springyness) and really helped body roll in turns. I haven't set them yet just ran them at full pressure. I'm happy with them though. FYI it won't add any height to the rear unless you are sagging down like I was.

Good product, for 70 bucks. They're red though which might look a bit dumb if seen from the rear.

OP
OP
A

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was thinking about it, if I can find some kind of flexible paint that won't eat it I'd be comfortable painting it. Although I tried to show my friend em today and couldn't see them without getting down low which I didn't bother so maybe not to bad.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like these are similar to the factory ones that i have.

I had a problem with the compressor not working before which i replaced new from eBay. If my memory serves me right i think it was around 150 +sh with 2 yr warranty. 2wd and 4wd compressors are also available.

I believe the company was Arnott inc.