All Warning lights staying on, including Park Brake Fault, See Manual, Pre-Collision,etc. Also sends Active Alerts to my Ford Pass app.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Assuming the vehicle is fairly stock, have you had the battery checked? I know, sounds stupid but so many stupid things happen on these when the battery starts to go out. You know, things like door handle unlock sensors stop working. I'm sure it's something more serious like a BCM, PCM, something like that. Or maybe Sync3 needs an update, just being cynical, sorry. Do you have a scanner you can use to look for any codes? Can you post the messages you're receiving in FordPass?
This is the first thing to check. My brand new 2022 had the same thing happen as the OP when I was driving home from the dealer. The battery junction box was bad. If there is low voltage the system will start shutting down things that are non-essential.

wsconner

Reaction score
Have a very similar situation, which the dealer is confounded by. So sharing the symptoms in the hopes someone can help triangulate.
1) While driving, all warning lights started to go and flash, etc; Car ran normally. We pulled over, stopped car, and restarted, and everything seemed to work fine.
2) Same problem reocurred in the next few hrs. Tested alternator and it was charging battery at 14.3 volts, but the battery was 3.5 years old and under a load test it was on the edge of being bad. Replaced with new battery and car ran fine - thought this fixed the issue
3) four days later same issue occurred. We pulled over and restarted the car, and all lights went away. But 30 min later, lights started flashing and we also lost RPM and Speedometer, plus the cooling gauge stopped working. Car still drove normally, but once parked, it would not restart
4) disconnected battery for 10 min and car would still not restart. Car sat for 2+hrs waiting for tow.
5) After pushing car out of garage to get on tow truck, car actually started and seemed to be fine !?!
6) Car started fine at dealer and did not have the issue. Tech looked at codes and could not identify any faults that could pin pointed issue. Although he did say there we faults associated with "communication".

I asked dealer to keep car and see if issue returns. Seems like some sort of ground issue or bad sensor somewhere affecting how the ignition system works?

Any other thoughts? Much appreciated and Merry, Merry!

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have a very similar situation, which the dealer is confounded by. So sharing the symptoms in the hopes someone can help triangulate.
1) While driving, all warning lights started to go and flash, etc; Car ran normally. We pulled over, stopped car, and restarted, and everything seemed to work fine.
2) Same problem reocurred in the next few hrs. Tested alternator and it was charging battery at 14.3 volts, but the battery was 3.5 years old and under a load test it was on the edge of being bad. Replaced with new battery and car ran fine - thought this fixed the issue
3) four days later same issue occurred. We pulled over and restarted the car, and all lights went away. But 30 min later, lights started flashing and we also lost RPM and Speedometer, plus the cooling gauge stopped working. Car still drove normally, but once parked, it would not restart
4) disconnected battery for 10 min and car would still not restart. Car sat for 2+hrs waiting for tow.
5) After pushing car out of garage to get on tow truck, car actually started and seemed to be fine !?!
6) Car started fine at dealer and did not have the issue. Tech looked at codes and could not identify any faults that could pin pointed issue. Although he did say there we faults associated with "communication".

I asked dealer to keep car and see if issue returns. Seems like some sort of ground issue or bad sensor somewhere affecting how the ignition system works?

Any other thoughts? Much appreciated and Merry, Merry!
Have they checked/replaced the battery junction box? It failed on my brand new 2022 on the way home from purchasing it and caused all kinds of problems.

wsconner

Reaction score
Not yet, but I'll ask them to test/diagnose that if possible and see what they say. I think I had this fail on my 04' Expdy.. it's located over the driver rear wheel?

OP
OP
Acme Lighting

Acme Lighting

Reaction score
Picked up the Expedition from the dealer today. The problem with the all the warning lights staying on and all the alerts was, the connector to the ABS Module improperly seated. Clipped it in and called it fixed. The only work down under the hood sense new, was the replacement of the battery box due to the fire recall. The problem with the warning lights started intermittently right after that, till it progressed that they always stayed on. Two trips to the dealer, total of 5 weeks in the shop, no parts required.
What's next?

wsconner

Reaction score
quick update based on my last post (#12-14). Dealer drove car for a few days, and I picked it up and it was like nothing had happened. I drove car for 50+ miles over the next few days, with no issues... until. less than I mile out of the driveway, car started running horribly, like it was misfiring etc. limped back to the house and realized anti-lock brakes were also not working. lots of white smoke from exhaust. Pulled a P0019 (Crank/Cam Position Correlation – Bank 2 Sensor “B”) which seems to be a generic code for all sorts of possible issues (electrical and mechanical). Got it towed to the dealer again and waiting to see what they can figure out this time.. arrgh.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked up the Expedition from the dealer today. The problem with the all the warning lights staying on and all the alerts was, the connector to the ABS Module improperly seated. Clipped it in and called it fixed. The only work down under the hood sense new, was the replacement of the battery box due to the fire recall. The problem with the warning lights started intermittently right after that, till it progressed that they always stayed on. Two trips to the dealer, total of 5 weeks in the shop, no parts required.
What's next?
does the 5 weeks include the battery box time? or just 5 weeks to troubleshoot the issue, that's insane.

wsconner

Reaction score
So my saga with the warning lights issue evolved into a full meltdown of this vehicle. Two dealers have said the P0019 code (cam sensors bank 2) is indicative of needing a rebuilt or new engine. Car is misfiring on 4/8 cylinders, and apparently the teardown to find exact root cause is so time consuming it's more "efficient" to buy a new or reman engine with warranty etc; Main concern is there is not 100% confidence the engine misfiring was cause of warning lights issue in the first place (car seemed to run fine when the warning lights issue happened, about a week before the misfiring started).

So I'll start scouring for info on reman engines and start rationalizing what this car is really worth to me. Dealer quoted $11K for new triton 5.4 engine installed - ugh