am/fm won't work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the CD changer in the radio itself or external in the console? If you are getting sound from CD's I would think its an issue with the radio's tuner. Are you sure you are pushing the right buttons for the radio to work?

OP
OP
W

Winter Rider

Reaction score
Is the CD changer in the radio itself or external in the console? If you are getting sound from CD's I would think its an issue with the radio's tuner. Are you sure you are pushing the right buttons for the radio to work?

It has the changer in the console. And yes, I'm pushing the correct buttons. AM FM doesn't work.......?

2000UN93

Reaction score
having a similar issue with my truck. I think it's the antenna. my truck has the radio antenna built into the rear side glass and does not seem to pick up any stations. I'm not too worried about it but if you figure it out post up.

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And yes, I'm pushing the correct buttons. AM FM doesn't work.......?
The reason I ask that is mine has an aftermarket radio that had a sub woofer set up. At first I thought the radio was bad. I was pushing the big volume button to try to turn it on and it turns out I had to push the tiny source button to get it to turn on. Had to download the manual to find out and almost bought a new radio.

Could be the antenna but you would get lots of static if that were the case. Are you getting static? If not I would think its time to try another radio.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Winter Rider

Reaction score
The reason I ask that is mine has an aftermarket radio that had a sub woofer set up. At first I thought the radio was bad. I was pushing the big volume button to try to turn it on and it turns out I had to push the tiny source button to get it to turn on. Had to download the manual to find out and almost bought a new radio.

Could be the antenna but you would get lots of static if that were the case. Are you getting static? If not I would think its time to try another radio.

I get static, but no stations come in. It had no radio in it when I bought it. I installed a new factory headunit, and replaced the sub in the back.

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Antenna then. My antenna was corroded/rusted where the coax plugs into the antenna at the fender. It cleaned up some but I really should replace it. It may have come unplugged at the radio too.