Amazon Echo Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really do wish that Ford would just put a few empty Accessory terminals by the fuse box to allow things to be connected for power without tapping into existing circuits. Have a few for switched power, and a few for full time power. Sure would make things easier. Then just leave a few blank fuse ports for these accessory circuits.

Use them for DashCams, Chargers, Radar Detectors, Ham/GRMS/CB Radios, etc, Lights, etc...

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really do wish that Ford would just put a few empty Accessory terminals by the fuse box to allow things to be connected for power without tapping into existing circuits. Have a few for switched power, and a few for full time power. Sure would make things easier. Then just leave a few blank fuse ports for these accessory circuits.

Use them for DashCams, Chargers, Radar Detectors, Ham/GRMS/CB Radios, etc, Lights, etc...

10 Pack - EPAuto 12V Car Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Mini ATM APM Blade Fuse Holder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DYQM6EO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_O0HoDbDENKDKD

Would these work? Pick the fuse that the radio is on?

OP
OP
fuzzmanmatt

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I've got, but the radio fuse is hot all the time. The delayed accessory relay is what I need to figure out how to tap into, but without splicing wires.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off topic

LMAO....damn, I know I'm old but I've always been a bleeding-edge kind of tech guy......I do not comprehend how many people so freely and easily give away for free, data which is repackaged, sold, resold, tweaked and it's all designed to take advantage of them? Can you say "targeted advertising". I'm sure that everyone knows that THEY don't fall prey to that, right?

The numbers say you are actually more likely to fall prey.....your own ego providing the stimuli.

If I want to play music, I can press buttons or,

I get the same thing from my sweetheart...."baby, play daddy some zz top...."

Or, does that take a secret skillset or does size really matter?

Not being combative, just a discussion.

jeff

I received an "echo" as a gift a year or two ago....it's still in the drawer of the china closet....

OP
OP
fuzzmanmatt

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I grew up with the personal computer, born in the same year as the Macintosh. Any illusion of privacy was long gone for me a long time ago. I love being able to say "play kids music" and all the sudden my toddler is dancing and having fun, I can focus on making dinner or doing laundry and not shuffling through a huge library of songs trying to find the right playlist. We've come a long way from the days I remember at Grandma's house with a record player trying to get the things to play right without getting yelled at.

As for the wiring, one of these days I might backprobe the harness at the radio, figure out which signal is telling it to stay alive and use that to trigger a relay for the rest of the accessories. Not today, though. It's good enough for now. Eventually I'm going to add space for my portable battery box so I can run accessories when I'm off the grid, but I'm not off the grid often enough to make it a priority. I can just drop it in and go when I need to right now, and that's good enough.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djahmed786