Satellite radio antenna for 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pharmerbrad

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Expedition EB. I apparently need a new satellite radio antenna (I don't have navigation), since I can no longer get a signal. It's been working for years with my replacement Kenwood stereo, but quit this summer.
The replacement part for my VIN has been discontinued, according to a dealer. Does anyone know if there is a new part number that is an exact replacement? I don't really want a used one since you never know how long it'll work. I prefer to the have the same roof footprint as the original instead of buying a different aftermarket one and sticking something else up there.

Thank you for your input.

Dahammer

Reaction score
Just a curious question- How do you know it's the antenna and not the Kenwood?

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pharmerbrad

Reaction score
I know it's not the Kenwood because the actual satellite tuner is the OEM box which I think is located under the console somewhere. I suppose it could be that box that failed, but have read that it's usually the antenna. I'm not 100% sure, but would like to try the least expensive remedy first.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 08 it was the box that failed not the antenna!! Got a new box from eBay and all was good.. there isn’t much to fail in the antenna, so it’s unlikely to fail!!

sub0cool

Reaction score
Did you figure this out yet? On my 2010, I was able to take loose the headliner and unbolt the antenna. when i did, i used a hair dryer to dry it out and then used silicone to seal around the antenna. Not has a problem since, been about 5 years.

OP
OP
P

pharmerbrad

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to tear into it yet. I'm afraid it's just gonna be trial and error. I haven't found a way to determine which is bad without just replacing one of them.