Amp in center console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah and the rear door speakers won't play anything. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

King Cobra

Reaction score
I was wondering the same about the console install on my 99 Expy. I have two amps and I wanted to put them under the rear passenger seat but space is limited if seats are folded down. I will be removing my CD(stock junk) player and would like to place an amp on bothe sides inside the console and under the flip-up armrest. Lots of room in there. One amp for front and one for rear doors and not very big in sizes( 200 W and 300 W). I can also do a neat job of cutting vent holes on each side of my console and install those cool fans that you find in junk computers ( all 12 volts I found so far) and then place cheap metal speaker covers over the holes to make them look good. If those CB guys mount the fans on their 1000 to 5000 watt linears, then I know the fans will work. I have used them before and they move air! Any other ideas? Thanks. Scott

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was wondering the same about the console install on my 99 Expy. I have two amps and I wanted to put them under the rear passenger seat but space is limited if seats are folded down. I will be removing my CD(stock junk) player and would like to place an amp on bothe sides inside the console and under the flip-up armrest. Lots of room in there. One amp for front and one for rear doors and not very big in sizes( 200 W and 300 W). I can also do a neat job of cutting vent holes on each side of my console and install those cool fans that you find in junk computers ( all 12 volts I found so far) and then place cheap metal speaker covers over the holes to make them look good. If those CB guys mount the fans on their 1000 to 5000 watt linears, then I know the fans will work. I have used them before and they move air! Any other ideas? Thanks. Scott

If or when you do decide to install the fans, it will benefit to have at least two installed. One pulling in "cool" air and the other pulling out the "hot" air. It is always good to have circulation over any amp as they all produce heat, some more than others (usually cheaper ones).