Android Auto Navigation on gauge display over Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay Dubs

Reaction score
I know this was discussed on other threads but I wanted to call this out specifically. Can someone confirm they are able to see the turn by turn directions while running Maps or Waze on their phone over Bluetooth and not connected via USB? I've tried this while running the Android Auto app and both Waze and Maps. When I run this via USB I see the turn by turn on the gauge cluster navigation pane when I do this over Bluetooth I do not. I've even tried this with my wife's phone and I've tried it with my phone on her 2018 Edge. Both vehicles are on Sync 3.4 19101. All the Andriod apps are on the latest versions on both phones.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought you had to be on 3.4 Build 19274. But then again, you are asking about Bluetooth. That could be a whole different story.

I don't use Android so I am going from what I remember reading before.

OP
OP
J

Jay Dubs

Reaction score
I thought you had to be on 3.4 Build 19274. But then again, you are asking about Bluetooth. That could be a whole different story.

I don't use Android so I am going from what I remember reading before.

I thought this was supposed to work across all of 3.4. I'll try grabbing 20021 off cyanlabs and run that update.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This only works via USB. No Nav App connect via BT. It even says that on the App screen on 3.4. Other Apps like Pandora, and FordPass now work via BT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
J

Jay Dubs

Reaction score
This only works via USB. No Nav App connect via BT. It even says that on the App screen on 3.4. Other Apps like Pandora, and FordPass now work via BT.

I could swear someone on here said they got it working like that.

Johhn14

Reaction score
At the risk of sidetracking this, can we go from 19274 to 20021 on Cyanlabs now? What’s involved with that?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At the risk of sidetracking this, can we go from 19274 to 20021 on Cyanlabs now? What’s involved with that?

Currently you have to use the downgrade install to go to 19200, then run format tool, then run 20021 install. Trying to come up with a download to go straight, but the downgrade/format/install does work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Plati

Reaction score

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.cars.com/articles/wireless-apple-carplay-and-android-auto-where-are-they-now-407297/

Apparently it's coming this year with sync 4. You must have one hell of a battery off you want to run navigation then add a data heavy connection over WiFi.

Wireless CarPlay/AA is different than app link. Existing hardware will not go to Sync 4. The wireless CarPlay will require new hardware.

Many people who have the ability to use wireless CarPlay use a wireless charger also. No wires all around.