Another P0299 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawaiiFiveOh

Reaction score
2016 with 84k. Last summer we got this code while pulling a cargo trailer through the mountains. The truck never felt down on power or had any hiccups. Check engine light went away on its own. Caught the code again over the summer. Same deal, no issues with the way it ran. Checked some hoses and connections but didn’t find anything apparent. Kinda forgot about to be honest.

We just recently bought a travel trailer and it just hit me that we will probably see this issue again. I’ve read pretty much every post about it, but it seems most have had noticeable performance drops. So I’m curious, where would you start to try and fix this? Thanks.

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2016 with 84k. Last summer we got this code while pulling a cargo trailer through the mountains. The truck never felt down on power or had any hiccups. Check engine light went away on its own. Caught the code again over the summer. Same deal, no issues with the way it ran. Checked some hoses and connections but didn’t find anything apparent. Kinda forgot about to be honest.

We just recently bought a travel trailer and it just hit me that we will probably see this issue again. I’ve read pretty much every post about it, but it seems most have had noticeable performance drops. So I’m curious, where would you start to try and fix this? Thanks.

Do you use the correct viscosity oil (5W30)?

Do you use the correct Motorcraft oil filter?

Any modifications to the intake or intercooler?

OP
OP
H

HawaiiFiveOh

Reaction score
Did it come back? Or did you make this repair?