Anybody take back control of their recirculate button?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The button simply won’t leave well enough alone and sends all sorts of diesel smoke and chimney fire nastiness in for us to breathe. My other cars will do what I decide. If it fogs up, I’ll deal with it. Until then, leave it closed!!!!

I’d much rather this nanny feature be turned in or off in a menu.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that on 17 down? It will even override you in Max ac sometimes according to the manual.

I tried Max ac this week with the thought of just running the temp higher than lo. As soon as I turned it up it kicked off Max. I waged war with that little button today. It let all kinds of smoke in and my wife complained about how her throat was irritated for last 30 minutes of our drive. She doesn’t like this truck to begin with, can’t wait until she figures out it is doing this.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did notice on another wiring issue that the humidity sensor has its own fuse. Too bad it does say the temp sensor is with it. Not sure I’m game to see if it would defeat the algo controlling the recirculate door though for fear it might mess up the whole system. Maybe someday I’ll give it a go. I’d take manual control of the temp if it meant I wouldn’t have the damn outside air door opening all the time.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that on 17 down? It will even override you in Max ac sometimes according to the manual.

I tried Max ac this week with the thought of just running the temp higher than lo. As soon as I turned it up it kicked off Max. I waged war with that little button today. It let all kinds of smoke in and my wife complained about how her throat was irritated for last 30 minutes of our drive. She doesn’t like this truck to begin with, can’t wait until she figures out it is doing this.

Max A/C is supposed to run on recycle, that’s all it is. When you switch from A/C to Max it starts intaking cabin air to cool the already pre cooled air instead of outside temp air. There is no dual stage compressor or fans on automotive application, max just means recycle with high fan speed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s true for everything I’ve seen and owned before. This one actually says it will cycle even in Max cool. It will not let you set the temp in max either. It’s full blast. Other stuff you just set it where you want it and it will block off outside air.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just realized that my recirculate button stays on now when I push it even after a restart. Other settings are level 3 Auto, ac button light on, with temp typically set at 68 degrees.

dw1972

Reaction score
Second worst thing a car can do, or the inexperienced programmers behind it, is try to make the owners decisions for them... Worst thing is to reset things at random that have been selected for a reason. I don't care what logic you use, if a human sets a button in a certain way, the expectation is that it would stay there until changed. At most a warning about how inefficient it may be, but absolutely not making decisions, or overriding decisions put in place by the human. Skunk season and the stupid recirc button battle shows the non-sense, and inexperienced in life mentality, of Ford programmers.

dw1972

Reaction score
I heard recirc will turn off to prevent CO2 accumulation.
Doesn't really mater why, in their brain, they came up with a reason to change settings at random. Point is, it's unacceptable to change someone's settings in their $100,000.00 car without at least asking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni