anyone experience this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcar

Reaction score
anyone experiance excessive vibration/ shuttering from 0-20mph ?
when i take my foot of the gas and start again it seems to go away when i stop and start it does it again it stopped doing this for a week and just started up again
tranny was rebuilt about 2 weeks ago one colipack was replaced and new spark plugs
it did it las week and i had new plugs put in and a new coil pack ean fine for a week and started up again this morning

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year/model is this? You have to isolate whether it's the transmission or engine. My wife’s car had a similar issue, but it ended up being spark plugs, but I saw you already replaced them.

If it's transmission related maybe something is wrong in the valve body. There's a shift correction kit that replaces one of the separator plates between the valve bodies that can be known to crack on the 4R70W so if it's leaking, it could cause a shutter. Although if it goes away when you restart your engine it may be something else.

Are you getting any misfire codes? I found my connecter for one of my coil packs started to go bad and would misfire, but not enough to throw a code sometimes. That was on a '98 expedition and they have a known coolant leak on one of the coil pack problem. Does it do it at all in park or neutral?

Last edited:

tramsay

Reaction score
Nudge

Hi,
I just purchased a 99 EB 5.4 with 112k and am experiencing the same symptoms. A bit of a rough idle while in gear at a stop sign. Shuttering and a bit of power surging while accelerating off the line but goes away when up to speed.

Did you get any resolution to your issues?

thanks,
~Tip