Anyone using a power module (not an ECU tune)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishrising

Reaction score
Tried searching via Tapatalk but not much success. Anyone using plug and play power modules? The ones that don’t write to the ECU? Like the AFE Scorcher? I am curious how those perform.

When I had my Flex, I got tunes from both Torrie at Unleashed Tuning and Livernois Motorsports. Never had an issue, so never had to deal with fighting a warranty claim and the Magnusson Act.

Not sure I want to do a tune that leaves a trace on the ECU on my new Expedition. So, starting to research plug and play power modules. What are your experiences with these “leave no trace” power modules?

Thanks in advance!

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tried searching via Tapatalk but not much success. Anyone using plug and play power modules? The ones that don’t write to the ECU? Like the AFE Scorcher? I am curious how those perform.

When I had my Flex, I got tunes from both Torrie at Unleashed Tuning and Livernois Motorsports. Never had an issue, so never had to deal with fighting a warranty claim and the Magnusson Act.

Not sure I want to do a tune that leaves a trace on the ECU on my new Expedition. So, starting to research plug and play power modules. What are your experiences with these “leave no trace” power modules?

Thanks in advance!
If it gets plugged into any of the ports on the truck can be traced. Id like to see verified ford technician data that stages otherwise

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
You’re safer going with a actual tune bc they monitor 20+ PIDs and can verified they are in safe limits for the truck. You’re a fool to waste ur money on some plug and play that you’ll have to take on and off prior to going to dealer. A tune you press a couple buttons and keep your mouth shut

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also a tune makes adjustments to the transmission and it’s shift points and performance as well which are important as you up the power.
I have not looked too much at power modules but the times I have in the past never noticed any mention of transmission adaptations.

I have no real “need” for a tune. I have been think of one of the throttle response units though.

Mustangsally

Reaction score
I use a flowmaster delta boost module in my 18 f150 3.5 plat . It has been on for almost a year now and makes quite a difference in max mode. It has 4 Bluetooth mode settings. Valet -4psi, stock, sport +3psi, and max +4psi. They recommend 91 octane with the max setting. Drivability is the same as stock until the boost ramps up. No codes at all. I use valet mode for long trips and have been averaging 23plus mpg at 75mph with 3.55 gears. I am pretty sure they make a unit to fit the Expedition.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holley’s site is saying they don’t have an Expedition Application.